Last November, the Animaplates team (my husband and I with our two cats) moved into a new home. I promised you, at that time, that I would share pictures of my new studio. After having organized the rest of the house (and celebrated Christmas and New Year), I finally have time to start organizing my new studio.
Because of construction delays, we spent time in two different locations before arriving in our new home.
Each time, I had to reduce the amount of space I was using. In the end, almost all my boxes with supplies were in storage or with friends.
Finally, I could move everything out of storage. Our move took several truck rides and I think that Animaplates occupied the equivalent of at least one truck.
In the new house, I set aside a large area in the basement for myself. First I painted the concrete floor and the walls.
After that, I could finally install my tables, my shelves and my boxes with materials.
Unfortunately, I found out that one leg of my skeleton broke in the move. I will have to do some reconstructive surgery.
Soon I’ll be able to create new projects in this new studio. I have lots of ideas and I can’t wait to share them with you!
P.S. My new studio does not have any windows. After a lot of research, we found LED tube lighting (on Amazon) that gives a lot of very white light, ideal for art work and filming. In order to avoid having to put wiring in the wall, we installed wireless switches (also found on Amazon).