Almost a year ago, we found out that some of the software used by the Animaplates website was near the end of its life. That’s techno-speak for saying that the software is no longer supported and problems are no longer fixed.
So we decided to replace the obsolete pieces of software with new ones, and we took this opportunity to make some improvements to the way the website works as well. Then, after extensive testing, we released the new version of Animaplates to the world.
What has changed for you?
- There is a search box at the top of every page. On phones and tablets, click the “magnifying glass” icon to open the search box.
- Searching now gives better results because it doesn’t insist on perfect spelling.
- The layout adapts itself better to small screens. On phones, project thumbnails are now displayed in two columns rather than one, so that less scrolling is needed.
- There is a “back to top” icon at the bottom right of the screen.
- The theme drop-down selectors on the Projects page react immediately. You no longer need to click a “Go” button.
- Pages load faster and consume less bandwidth.
Let us know what you think about these enhancements by leaving a comment below. Your feedback is important to us!
We will continue to make improvements based on the new capabilities. If you have suggestions in that area, they are also welcome.
And last but not least, there may still be some glitches, or things that don’t quite work the way they should. If you encounter such an issue, please use the contact form to let us know.
Thank you for your support, and happy browsing!